Monday, February 27, 2017

2017 Resolution - Quarter Life Crisis

So hello everyone ! I revived my blog !
My very last entry was in 2012 and I had to spend hours revamping it; some of the links / blog components don't even work anymore. I remember blogging was such a cool thing to do in the past that we would literally spend hours reading our friends' blog, stalking seeing what they are up to in their daily life. I've also deleted about 100's of entries since a lot of them are meaningless emotional posts that make me wanna laugh reading them. At least now it's looking a bit more fresh and tidy.

Just thought I'll pen down some of my resolutions I'd like to achieve during my career transition since I have some time to spare, for now. I've always had yearly resolutions and I've been lucky enough to be able to achieve most of them so I'd just like to continue this practice and also set as a reminder for myself from time to time. In the previous years all my resolutions have always been about studies and work and I guess this year would be a bit more different since I've moved out of my comfort zone to a new place.  


1. To give and love more
'Not to gain anything, but because something beautiful takes place inside of us when we do.

Every time I hold that green pen in my hand, it reminds me to look outside of myself to see others. To love them. To give a smile, a hug, a card. To listen

When we give more and love more, it opens the door for joy to take up residence where bitterness wants to live.' - Suzie Eller

Image result for give and love more


2. Living my life to the fullest
I've been so engrossed in work and studies that I have seemed to neglected other aspects in my life and it's now time to make it up. To get connected, do things that I enjoy doing and to just rejoice in the present.

3. Be more physically active
So I took up running and some light training during my hiatus from my full time job and hopefully to keep them going. I've seen transformation in my friends from being physically big to small and vice versa and it's proven to me that everything is possible with determination, to grow that abs and to have a more toned limbs, Haha.

4. Pursue my passion in language and music
French and Spanish are on the list. And also, to pick up my piano skills from where I've left off yearsss ago

5. Learning new skills
Apart from making good food and coffee which is gonna be what I'll be doing most of the time for the first few months, there are things like swimming and yoga that I'd like to pick up as well, which may not a 'skill' per se but it's definitely a good start for someone who's aquaphobia and lazy like me, hopefully.

To be continued when I could think of more :)



No comments: